Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Fresh Morning

And a very good morning to all my crafty followers (all 3 of you so far !!! ... LOL)
Not a nice one here this morning, overcast, but not too cold though. However, Godmuvva don't like the chances of getting her washing dry today. Specially as I won't be here to watch it.

What did I do yesterday, I helped my dvpd (that's darling very pregnant daughter) mind my grandson while she sewed new cot sheets for the new baby, golly it takes it out of me running around and playing with kids now, I was so pooped when they left I could have just fallen in a big heap!!! And stayed there !!! Only 7 weeks to go till we get our new baby.....wooooohoooooo......

What did I do last night? I spent countless hours unpulling, picking up stitches and then trying to pick up where I had "left of" for my darling grandson's jumper, why did I unpull it, well I don't know why but when I went to cast of for the armholes, I was 14 rows short of the back, and I had started to cast off for the front neck, which to me seemed awfully low, so I am thinking that there is a bit of a boo boo in the pattern, as the neck shaping was about 14 rows too soon......anyway, I watched "Packed To The Rafters" and fiddled and fiddled......finally I got it right! Me thinks the sooner I finish this cardi the better....its been dragging on far too long. I can only work on it when I am totally alone, VERY complicated......see piccie below !!

What am I doing today? Well I am looking after my friend's craft shop for a while Her son lives in WA and is having a back op. This shop is NOT a good place for Da Godmuvva to work !!! Too many wools to buy !!! Just like a kid in a candy shop I am !!! Will I ever use all this wool......well I know one thing......it doesn't go off !!! I have loads of it stored in containers in the shed you see. And its still as good as new !! Godmuvva is a self confessed "woolaholic" !!!

Just have to share this one with you before I go......if you need any "money laundering" done, please contact Da Godmuvva......Godmuvva had one of her blonde moments the other day and thought she would IRON the creases out of her $50 note!!! Holey Dooley, they certainly shrink quick !!! My darling OH (other half) says it shrunk down to about $25 worth !! He walked inside and wondered what I was doing with a $50 note in a bowl of warm water, I was trying to stretch it!!! No go !! It's now down at the Bank being "revalued"

No comments:

Post a Comment